Saturday, August 13, 2011

What a week with Paislee!!!!

Okay, so I forgot how hard newborns are to figure out. This past week was a LONG & draining week. Paislee cried all day Monday and Tuesday. I didn't know if she was just had colic, or if something was really wrong. I called the doctor and took her in on Wednesday afternoon. We found out that she had lost a few ounces which means she is not getting enough food from nursing. So I had to start supplementing formula with nursing to make sure she didn't lose anymore weight. The Dr. decided that she has some acid reflex and maybe colic, but as most of us know Newborns are all about trial and error regardless of how exhausting it can be. I think more than anything it just added to our week. It was my first week back to work (in office), along with going into surgery to get my gall bladder removed on Friday. I ended up cancelling my surgery for a later date until the baby was a little more on a schedule and life settled down a bit. Paislee is still pretty fussy, but not near as bad as she was those first two days. Hopefully she turns out to be an amazing sleeper like Addie was after she got over her colic. I will say not matter how much this little baby cries I still couldn't imagine life without her, and love her to pieces.

0 comments: