Sunday, August 10, 2008

In Memory of Nathan


On Wednesday, August 6th my cousin Nathan passed away. He was only 37 years old and had been battling late stage melanoma cancer. I can't seem to stop thinking about him, his family and his life. Even though I know he is at peace and in a better place it just hurts me to think of him not being able to physically be there for his wife and two little boys anymore. I know that the lord has something great in store for him and his mission here was done. In times like these I feel as if we are being tested of our faith to make us stronger and closer to our family and the lord, and somehow it always works (at least for me). You hear of things like this happening all the time to young families, but it seems when it happens to someone that you know and love it hits way to close to home. He will be missed dearly. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

2 comments:

Annalee said...

Oh man Jenn, this story is all too familiar. My cousin's husband of 27 passed away two years this November leaving behind a wife and a two year old. He had a brain tumor that they couldn't do anything about. Give her cute family a hug for me. That is such a hard deal. Life isn't fair sometimes. Can we do anything for you?

Stoddard Studios said...

I totally know what you mean. I feel the same way about him. It's so sad to think of his poor wife raising those kids alone. I'm going to miss Nathan so much.